PocketRep™ is a
companion application that can be purchased to extend the capabilities of BrokerForce™ for
sales reps on the road, at shows, or in showrooms.
application can be used for entering, calculating, printing orders, and
merging these orders back into BrokerForce™. PocketRep supports the scanning
of bar codes with peripheral hardware and/or the selection of items from
product lists downloaded from BrokerForce™. PocketRep is autonomous of
any server so, orders may be printed directly
from the PocketRep device without docking.
Why we use PocketPC™
Pocket Rep Installation
Installation of PocketRep is subject to the Extended User License Agreement (License.txt)
included with BrokerForce™. Be sure to install Microsoft Active Sync on
your PC before
docking the device to the PC.
If you haven't already, download and install MS Active Sync 4.2. Do
NOT install later versions of Active Sync.
Updating? Synchronize PocketRep to
BrokerForce™ and process your orders FIRST or Pocket Orders could be lost!
Verify that PocketRep is Closed:
- If you have opened another program or otherwise returned to the <Today>
screen on the device, PocketRep may be open even though you do not see it.
For example, if you started PocketRep and clicked the <Ok> button in the upper
right to quickly close PocketRep while "Loading customers..." PocketRep will
not be closed.
- To verify that it is closed: On the device, click <Start>, <Settings>,
<System>, <Memory>, <Running Programs>
- If you see "Order n", "Loading PocketRep...", or "Ord:n:Customer name",
the application is still open.
- If you see any of these, click <Start>, <PocketRep>, and then close
- Answer <Yes> to backup your orders.
Installing or updating PocketRep (requires BrokerForce
2.674 or later):
here to --> to
PocketRep Maintenance files from our web server. When prompted, save the file to a floppy disk
or to a path on your computer that you can return to and run the download
file. Your Windows Desktop would be a good place to save it. You
must purchase a registration code to use PocketRep.
ActiveSync to "Partner" or "Guest" your PocketPC to a host
computer that has BrokerForce™ installed on it. If this is for a
showroom you should typically click <Cancel> at this screen or select "Guest" and <Next>.
the PocketRepM5.exe file that you downloaded from the link above.
- BrokerForce version 2.674 or greater is required to use
the maintenance tool.
- In BrokerForce, click <Tools>, <PocketRep Maintenance>.
- Click <Connect> on the PocketRep Maintenance form.
This will validate that Active Sync is properly connected
- If PocketRep is already installed, after verifying that
PocketRep is closed, click <Update PocketRep>. You will see the progress
of the file copy in bytes on the left side of this window and "Download
Complete" when the process is successful.
- If you are installing PocketRep for the first time,
click <PocketRep Install Files>. Wait for the prompt that the download
was complete. If you will be using a Socket In-Hand scanner and it has
not been installed, answer <Yes> when prompted "Include Socket Scan?"
- Click <Disconnect> and <Close> (on toolbar at top).
- On the
PocketPC, click <Start>, <Programs>, <File Explorer>.
Click the <Show> drop list at the top of the File Explorer window and select
<My Device>. Tap on <My Documents>
- Starting from the bottom of the list of files in the <My
Documents> folder, tap the first <Socket Scan> file if you included this.
- Tap the PocketRep cab file and proceed with the
- Tap the <MsVBPpc.cab> file and proceed with these
defaults. Click <Yes To All> if prompted about file versions and do a
soft reset of the device.
- If you will be using Socket Scan see How to Configure Socket Scan*.
You only need to set the prefix and suffix at this point.
<Start>, <Program Files>, <PocketRep>. You will be prompted to
obtain a registration code from BrokerForce based on the user name of your
device. Contact BrokerForce with the <Owner Name> of the device to receive your license key
code. All owner names must be unique and you must provide the name
exactly as it is shown on the <Today> screen. The user name is case
entering the license number, click <Update License Number> the installation
will be complete and you will be prompted to dock the device and to use the
<Synchronize PocketRep> button in BrokerForce.
- With the
device connected to your PC, open BrokerForce™ and click the <Synchronize PocketRep>
button on the BrokerForce™
toolbar. When prompted that the "PocketOrders table was not found..." click
<Ok>. Vendor, customer, and product information will be copied to the
device. This may take several minutes the first time that this is done.
orders are to be transferred form the device back into BrokerForce™, the device
must be re-docked to this machine or a machine that is using the same data
- If you get an error
message " | " file is already in use...."
See also: Optimize
Click here for instructions on how to use
Use <PocketRep To BrokerForce> and <BrokerForce to PocketRep>
to clone data
- Close PocketRep on the device.
- Connect the device and verify that Active Sync shows "Connected"
- Click the <Synchronize PocketRep>
button on the
- When prompted to "Refresh Customers?", answer <Yes>.
- When prompted to "Refresh Products", answer <Yes> and check the <Include>
check box for each vendor's products that you want copied to the device and
then click <Continue>.
- If you are prompted "Process PocketRep Orders?" you can answer <Yes> or
<No> depending your your circumstances. If you answer <No>, you can
later return to BrokerForce and click the <Excerlr8 Dialog> button (Green
Excel X) on the toolbar to process your orders at a more convenient time.
- Pending that the data has been successfully updated on the device, click
<Tools>, <PocketRep Maintenance> on the menu ribbon at the top of BrokerForce.
- In the PocketRep Maintenance form, click <Connect>, this will verify the
Active Sync connection
- Click <PocketRep to BrokerForce> to copy the customer and item data files
from the device up to the PC.
- After you see "Transfer Complete", click <Disconnect> and remove the
- Dock the next device to be updated.
- If there are any orders on this next device, <Close> the maintenance tool
and use the <Synchronize PocketRep> button to remove them from the device.
You can answer <No> when prompted to refresh customers or products.
- Pending that there are no orders on the device, click <Connect>,
<BrokerForce to PocketRep>, and wait for the "Transfer Complete" message.
- Repeat steps 12 and 13 for each device that does not have orders and needs
to be updated.
* Additional hardware such
as a Socket or Symbol scanner is required. Barcode printing is included with
Return to FAQ's
Copyright © 2005 DataForce, Inc.