How do I Fix Required
Registry Information if Missing?
The installation of Office Premium probably
installed a partial version of Access that overwrote the registry entries
for the Microsoft Access 2000 Runtime included with the BrokerForce®
To resolve this:
- You will need your Office 2000 Premium installation CDs and the
BrokerForce® installation CD
- Insert the Office 2000 Premium disk into the drive and when
prompted, select <Add/Remove Features>. Your choice is to either select
<Run All From my Computer> for Access or to make it <Unavailable>.
- Synchronize to a base replica so that you have a backup of your data
- Use <Add/Remove> programs in the control panel to remove DF
BrokerForce® and Microsoft Access 2000 Runtime. You will receive some
prompts regarding that not all files could be removed when you remove
BrokerForce® (your data will not be removed). When prompted for removing
shared files, remove them all, they are only BrokerForce® files that will
be replace in latter steps
- Remove the 2000 CD and restart the computer
- Insert the BrokerForce® CD and it will auto-run. If you removed your
copy of Access, you will be prompted that the application needs
Microsoft Access to run and that installation will begin. After you a
message that "Microsoft Access 2000 Runtime Setup completed
successfully" restart your computer. Setup will resume with the
BrokerForce® installation. After that completes successfully, run your
last update. Open BrokerForce®, point to your data, and you should be
good to go.
- If you chose to run-all from my computer with your copy of Access,
you must delete your BrokerForce® shortcuts that were not removed by the
application removal. When the setup of BrokerForce® runs, it will
install without prompting for Access since it is already on the
computer. After this completes, run your latest update, open
BrokerForce® and point to your data.
Here is a link that will redirect you to the Microsoft knowledge base
article regarding this topic.
Return To FAQ's
Copyright©1995 - 2008 DataForce, Inc. Patent 6,901,380 and Patents Pending